SADALAS HAND EMBROIDERY

SADALAS HAND EMBROIDERY
Lakshmi Sadala

Monday 17 February 2014

Double chain stitch: Saree..

This is also one of my old project done on a fancy plane saree..the stitch and the design was explained in a telugu news paper named vaartha.
Luckily I find the same design in an embroidery book published by vardhavep.
 I did the same work for my saree which I loved a lot..I have added cutdaana beads, german beads and stones as embellishment.
motif

motif


pleats

for pallu  pleats on shoulder

design on front 

pallu

15 comments:

  1. once more some lovely work you have shared, forgive me for not commenting on them individually

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Saree. The color of the saree and the threads goes well. You r so patient to do the same design repeatedly in sarees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Lakshmi. You have selected perfect colours for the design.
    Saree looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL WORK LAKSHMI. WAITING TO SEE THE TUTORIAL

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful work lakshmi. waiting for your tutorial

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tq Geetha..no tutorials now.. going out for some days..

      Delete
    2. is it crested chain stitch or spanish knotted feather stitch?

      Delete
    3. it is not crested chain stitch..almost like spanish knotted feather stitch

      Delete
    4. thank u lakhmi . what is the difference. let introduce myself. i am from kochi kerala. i am a bank employee. thank u

      Delete

your comments means a lot to me